Wednesday, August 3, 2011

celebration

to celebrate my brother's birthday in the evening we went to an italian restaurant called enrico panigl (which is located in the 8th district). the food was fantastic, the place a little random (the waiters were downing shots and the bar area is looking a little worn) but for me this all added to the charm! i really liked it.

the food you can see..... antipasti plate, vitello tonnato, swordfish in a creamy mushroom sauce and filet steak with risotto. i tried them all and i couldn't fault anything. everything was delicious and my steak was cooked to perfection. it was my first time trying the classic italian dish vitello tonnato (veal with tuna sauce). it sounded completely random to me... but i really liked it. the waiter couldn't have been more helpful and the wine was great too!

a fab night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog! Been reading it since I decided that I'm going to move back to Vienna, after almost 10 years in the UK. Anyway, back now, would be lovely to meet up sometime if you fancy?Brigitta

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks! yes... email me at kerrysmith78@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete