Tuesday, June 29, 2010

attack of the mosquitoes!!!

aaaaaahhhh!!!! whilst we have been away in england it appears that vienna has been infested with mosquitoes. we walked out of the airport last night to see lots of people doing what appeared to be a strange dance... only to soon realise they were actually trying to fight off the masses of mosquitoes swarming around everywhere.

when on holiday i always suffer from mosquito bites. they seem to like me and i end up with bites that turn into huge red itchy lumps everywhere. in the time it took us to get from the airport to our apartment i was bitten on my hand, my leg, my back and even my big toe! (i was wearing flip flops). boo.

please tell me that this isn't usual for vienna otherwise i'm slowly going to be eaten alive!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Not really normal but when it first rains for a year and then turns really hot, that happens. Two years ago it was really bad, there were mosquitos in the inner city and the anti-mosquito-product were sold out everywhere. I am suffering too, hate those basterds! (also get big bumps that ITCH like hell - double boo!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes poor us!! Sorry for not getting in touch, have been quite busy lately damn it. But if you want to have a after work spritzer at Naschmarkt on thursday for example I am all yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey emilie, no worries! would love to meet for a wine spritzer but typically i can't do this week. damn it! (i have friends arriving on monday and they are staying until next sunday). i hope we can arrange another time? after the 11th i am totally free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical :) But I am happy for you, that you have friends coming over, Vienna is a great city to visit (and show to visitors :) I am off to Sweden 14-30.7 but THEN we will make it! ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope so! have a wonderful trip back to sweden with your boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete