Sunday, January 2, 2011

hallo 2011

i'm not normally very good at making new years resolutions. so rather than say resolutions i'm gonna call them goals! here are my goals for 2011:

* eat healthier and lose 12lbs (my weight is a constant battle for me. i yo-yo (a lot) but this year i'm going to really try and get my weight under control. no more käsekrainers for me! - well, not for a while anyway).
* exercise. lots (i realise that i am a better person when i exercise. since living in vienna i have done nothing and as a result i have become sluggish, over weight and tired all the time. this has to change).
* take lots of photographs and learn how to use my camera properly (i love taking photos and its something i would like to get much better at doing)
* learn german (i need to get over my ridiculous fear and just LEARN!)
* set myself some creative projects (i've always loved crafty stuff but for many years i've been very lazy. this year i want to make things!)
* continue to read a book a month (or more)
* be better at keeping in touch with friends and family (i've never been a good person on the telephone but i must remember to pick it up sometimes and just call)
* cook lots of new recipes (er, preferably healthy ones! see goal one).
* and probably the most important one, find a job (and then start paying off some debt).

right, time to kick into action!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on taking lots of photographs, learning German and finding a job!! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! Understand that is hard to settle in in a new country and I think you are doing a great job! And I am sure you will have a splendid 2011! And I am with you on the "being healthy" thing!

    Lots of love
    mimie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, we do have a lot of the same goals this year! It's kind of eerie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for 2011 everyone!

    crystal - i know, i thought the same! from reading your blog i think we have a lot of similar interests. love of food being one of them! :)

    ReplyDelete